Monday 12 November 2007

Animals in Log Cabins


The top of my quilt is finally done!! Now I have to add the backing and quilt all the layers together.




















These 3 blocks belong to my latest wall hanging. I have to make 2 more blocks - one with a lion and one with a Gnu and then it is time to put the bits and pieces together. This quilt has the advantage of the finished product being any size - the more animal log cabin blocks, the bigger the quilt. I am making a wall hanging as a sample but, as they say, "the world's your oyster". It can be made as big or as small as the creator's imagination (and the number of different animals you can think of......). Watch this space........

2 comments:

Tina Marie Rey said...

Love the rythm this piece has.. your eye just travels along the piece following the golden colors... Very Nice.

margaret said...

To my eye, this cries out to be quilted in leaf shapes etc - some vegetation to surround the animals.