Sunday 30 December 2007

Sewing, sewing and more sewing.......

I am getting quite stressed out about all the sewing I have to do - 5 quilts to finish and duvet covers, sheets and pillow cases etc to make as well as loads of uniforms to mark. My eldest son is off to boarding school next year - it is amazing how much gear he needs for school. Marking uniforms is not fun but it has to be done so I suppose I need to take a deep breath, relax and start at one end and slowly work my way through the pile of stuff that needs doing. I think I am also getting quite anxious about him leaving home and going away to school - he is only 10 years old. Before you ask, why he is going to boarding school so young, he has gained acceptance into one of the best boys' choir schools in the world..... what an awesome opportunity for him. We cannot deny him it but.....the reality is that he is leaving home at 10 years old. I am starting to feel quite sad about it......... About the deep breath etc......

2 comments:

Mary Ann Littlejohn said...

Leigh Ann,
My children both went to boarding school at an early age. The company schools in Saudi Arabia where we lived only went through 9th grade. My son left early for 9th grade at 13. I know how painful it is to let them go and I know we missed watching them in sports, etc. through those years. The good part is that we enjoyed them so much when they came home for a visit -- usually for 3 weeks at a time. They weren't home long enough for us to get on each other's nerves very much. By the second visit home, my son was eager to go back to his friends. How wonderful that he has this opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mary Ann. You are right and it makes me feel better. I believe Ben will really do well as singing is his passion and he sings really well.