Monday 21 September 2009

Crab Apples

In my travels round KZN recently, I saw a Crab Apple tree in blossom trained onto a wire frame against a wall. It was sooooo beautiful. The blossoms were a delicate pink and white. These photographs are my first attempts at putting together an abstract landscape - my impressions of what I saw. Needless to say, the first attempt was not very successful. The background (first photo) is ok but the wheels fell off the bus when I tried to cut curves in brown fabric to represent the tree (2nd photo). All I can say (embarrassed grin) is "watch this space" for the next version. Hopefully it will improve....

















2 comments:

Rose said...

I like the look of the top block. Perhaps instead of cutting the block for the curved branches, you could applique them.

Rose K

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments. I thought of applique for the tree but wanted to practise the art of machine piecing.