Saturday 26 September 2009

Purple Trip Round the World Quilt

The "Trip Round The World" pattern must be one of my all time favorite quilting patterns. I have just completed the top of a purple double bed quilt. Actually, almost finished if I decide to put borders on the top. I am really not sure whether I should or not. Any comments would be appreciated. Then I just have to add the batting and the backing and machine quilt the 3 layers. Time, Time where are you? I am sure it is a common lament of many quilters.

















The next photo is a close up of the centre of the quilt:


4 comments:

Heckety said...

Those colours are just gorgeous! I think the Trip around the World pattern is very effective visually- certainly if you get it as right as you have!
Borders, hmmm. I used to put borders on all my quilts but recently have just been binding them. Both work, but I think I would put a border on yours to frame it an sort of draw attention to the whole of it. If that makes sense?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments.Re the borders - it's exactly what I am thinking.

Beth@IHaveANotion.com said...

I would add borderS, not one but 2, a thin dark purple and the wider one of another of the purples, but lighter in color than the darker inner border.

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea - thanks Beth. I am going to do just as you suggest