Saturday 13 March 2010

Time flew away

Wow, I can't believe I last blogged in January. Time has really flown. I am going through a creative slump - I feel all dead inside so haven't quilted for ages. The hot humid weather has been a contributing factor. Summer is officially over so hopefully I'll be inspired to go back into my studio. Mmmm, this post really sounds like "excuses, excuses and more excuses".....I really miss quilting and the creative boost it brings. Teaching guitar to 25 pupils weekly is very rewarding but draining. By Wednesday evening, I am ready to fall into bed. Maybe the creative itch is being scratched by teaching guitar. Whatever the reasons are, I really hope to be inspired to get back into quilting soon.

3 comments:

Juanita said...

Hi Leigh
We've missed you online. I hope you find your creative muse again soon. Sometimes the pace of life is just too fast to leave time to smell the roses and I think we need that space to open ourselves to inspiration. Or, like you say, maybe your are getting it elsewhere with your guitar teaching. Singing and jamming with friends always energizes me.
Take care.
Juanita

Anonymous said...

Thanks for missing me :LOL

You are right about the pace of life being too fast. School holidays start in 2 weeks time. I am really looking forward to taking some time out.

Janet Hartje said...

Sometimes you just need to step back and find that inner peace again. When you come back it will be with renewed energy and creativity. Hope you get your respite and return to us inspired.
Janet