Monday 29 March 2010

Time is still flying away

This is becoming a mantra (or a weak excuse at that). The reality is that there are just not enough hours in the day to do everything that needs to be done - anyone know how to extend the number of hours in a 24 hour day?

On a more serious note, I went on a road trip to a city (Johannesburg) about 600kms from my home town. I had to take my 2 beautiful Giant Schnauzers to the weekend dog shows and pick up my Burmese kitten from a good friend and bring her home. The Giants excelled at the shows. My little Giant (a contradiction in terms) collected her last point she needed to earn the title "Breed Champion". She was also Reserve Best of Breed on both days. Her litter brother won Best of Breed both days - we kept it in the family - :LOL. My big Giant Schnauzer excelled in her Obedience tests winning her Beginner's Obedience class with 98%. She then went into the Novice class ( a test twice as long and twice as difficult) and failed to qualify by 2.5% without any advanced training. I am really proud of both my Schnauzers......

 In places the scenery was awesome - from the Drakensberg mountains through the flat open lands of the Free State to the mine dumps of Egoli (Johannesburg, the city of Gold). The cosmos fields were absolutely stunning - the camera was packed away (am still kicking myself) so I didn't stop and take any photos. I've had to Google for some images of cosmos flower fields.

There are also kilometers and kilometers of electricity pylons running across the landscape. Most people would only see how their ugly gray steel structures pollute the landscape but.... have you noticed how many types there are and how intricate the designs are? Inspiration for a quilt? Aah yes, we are back to that elusive concept, "time to quilt". Maybe....one day soon, there will be photographs of a electricity pylon inspired quilt. "Hope springs eternal"

3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! Quilting and giant schnauzers, two of my passions but I do little quilting because of the schnauzers and other things. But I love it and want to get back to it.

K.Eckerle said...

I have have 2 Giant Schnauzers and love to quilt -- but seldom seem to get around to it. Wish you would join our online Giant Schnauzer Group. We'd love to hear more, I have some quilting projects on the planning board for my RV --- as you said --- time just flies by!

Anonymous said...

Wow, more people in the world who love Giant Schnauzers and quilting. I have posted some photos of my Schnauzers on my other blog http://leighsfamilyblog.blogspot.com

If you go back to my blog and click on the link to "Leigh's family blog", you will see them.

K.Eckerle (not sure what your first name is): I'd love to join your online Giant Schnauzer group - please send me the link.