Thursday 23 September 2010

Basic experiments with colour

One of the things I am doing is play with colour and mixing primary colours to create secondary colours. It is daunting and challenging but so rewarding....


Here are some photos of my attempts at mixing secondary colours together to allow the neutral colours to form..BTW - the aim of all of these exercises is to learn to dye my own fabric. I am so looking forward to it. I don't want to try without doing all the exercises though.

This is a photo of the red and green complimentary colours:













Blue and Orange is next:




and lastly..... Purple and Yellow

As you can see, my attempts are still rather amateurish. Its a case of the old adage, "Practise makes perfect"


2 comments:

Elzaan said...

Looks like you are having a lot of fun. That is an old, and very true, saying - Practice makes perfect. Hope your "perfect" will come soon enough.
Elzaan

Anonymous said...

I am starting to relax and have fun. Mixing colours is fascinating. Thanks for the comments