Sunday 3 October 2010

Southern African Artisits

Due to a operation which decompressed my Thoracic Outlet, I am a bit hamstrung at the moment so I thought I'd show photos of some of the work of the artists from Zimbabwe. They live in South Africa, earning a living by selling their paintings.They sell them at the markets and next to the road sometimes. I think their work is amazing. We have now bought 2 paintings from them. If we had more hanging space in our home, I'd buy more. The blue painting was my daughter's choice to hang in her room. She loves anything that is blue.













The above painting is by an artist called Nyika and the one below is by an artist called Lazlie. (I am not sure how in focus this photo is.....)












3 comments:

Elzaan said...

Very, very, very beautiful. There are so many talented people, and some are so close to home. Unfortunately we don't always see them nor recognise their talents. Thank you for sharing those pretty pictures.
Elzaan

Sue, mad quilter said...

These paintings glow. What beautiful colours, and I love the basic presentation of them. Art at it's finest.

Anonymous said...

It is art at it's finest. There are so many I'd love to buy but......