Tuesday 11 January 2011

Conquering the Sketchbook

I am petrified of drawing or painting in any form...and have now decided to try and conquer this fear. Yesterday while waiting for my daughter to finish her cricket lesson (Yes, my daughter plays cricket.....), I took pencil crayons and tried a bit of scribbling....... My starting point was the colours of the fabric I have recently hand dyed - 3 primary colours - red, blue and yellow, and 3 secondary colours - purple, green and orange.

The first photo is a design of a quilt I want to make...simple but effective.















I love curved flowing lines - they remind me of my Burmese cat's whiskers......

4 comments:

JYA Fiberarts said...

Now try paint on fabric. Those curved lines can be done with paint on fabric, and then the lines followed by stitching. Wala...the sketchbook has turned to fabric!

Leslie Tucker Jenison said...

Good for you! And I'm glad you posted the sketches on your blog, Leigh. Keep it up!
When it comes to drawing and sketching, I think we are sometimes our own worst critics.
Thanks so much for sharing.
Leslie
http://leslietuckerjenison.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the comments and the ideas. I am certainly going to try them.

Anonymous said...

Boohoo! All I see are triangles with exclamation marks in them. Something must have happened somewhere. I'll check back later.