Monday 28 February 2011

Landscape Series

 These fabric landscapes were made as a wedding gift and the theme was burnt orange. It was my first commission (embarrassed blush). I think I am still rather overwhelmed by the fact that people like and want my work hanging on their walls.

The bridal couple own a lodge on the northern coast of Mozambique (I think) and are passionate about the Mozambique coast hence the inspiration was the Mozambique coast. Fortunately I have been to Mozambique twice on holiday now so had many photos to work from.



All the fabric in this photo were hand dyed by me - my first forays into the wonderful world of dyeing my own fabric















In the third photo I used a combination of my own dyed fabric with some Shweshwe (the bright orange) and some other hand dyed fabric I have.

6 comments:

Elzaan said...

That is very beautiful - and special to both you and the bridal couple.
Congrats on your first commission!
Elzaan

Aileen said...

I love the landscapes! The second one looks like it was painted. Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Congratulations on your commission [more to come I am sure] and thank you for sharing this with us.

Lisa said...

Beautiful!! Congrats on your first commission. I love the color combination. You did a fantastic job.

Judy Ferguson said...

Your life sounds very interesting. I have a good friend who came from South Africa also. Your colors are so bright and beautiful and different. Just wonderful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone