Monday 10 August 2009

Shapes and colours - more tales from an infrequent traveler

Last Saturday, I had to take my daughter to Underberg - a town in the foot hills of the Drakensberg. The winter landscape is awesome. The different shades of brown are amazing. It gives a different shape to the mountains, hills and farmlands than in summer. In summer everything seems to be the same colour green. There is a lot of snow on the mountains - we are having a cold winter this year. This photo shows all the snow on the mountain - It was taken at sunset



There were a lot of bush fires burning. I could not stop to take photos but if you can imagine a round hill with one half brown and the other half black with a red fire line running through the middle of the hill.

2 comments:

Heckety said...

That is one incredible photo!

Heckety said...

You’ve been ‘Tagged’!

This means –

1. You write a post telling ten things about yourself.
2. You choose ten more people to ‘tag’.
3. You let the people know that they have been ‘tagged’.
4. You link back to the person who tagged you.

I chose your blog because I like your craftwork. I think ‘blogging’ is about making friends, travelling the world, learning from other people, and seeing things I never could except through your eyes. I hope you don’t mind, and I look forward to visiting you again!