Thursday 1 January 2009

New Year's Resolution

Happy New Year to everyone who follows this blog. May it be a creative, fun filled, loving and sucessful year for all of us.

I have been thinking about where my quilting is going (or rather not going)..... and have decided that this is the year for learning as much as I can about quilt design and techniques from as many teachers as possible. Some of the best ways to learn is to take courses through the Online Quilt University and Ruth Blanchet's Academy of Quilting. I have just started Dena Crain's "Ladders and Crystals" course and then onto a "Getting Started with Quilt Art" course with Ruth Blanchet's Academy of Quilting.

The best news of all is that Nancy Crow is coming to South Africa in August - am busy collecting the stash now so I have enough fabric to take with to the course. Valerie Hearder is also coming to Durban in May so... there are awesome opportunities to learn so much this year. I am so excited I can't wait....... To use the old cliche...."Watch this space"

No comments: