Thursday 29 January 2009

Teeth Extractions, Orange Challenges, UFO days etc

Thankfully, the last parent evening at my kids' schools is over - 3 kids in 3 different schools makes for interesting times - now life can take on a resemblance of normalcy (:LOL - what's normal?) The next big challenge is to get my one son through his teeth extractions on Saturday - he needs 4 out - the baby molars and the adult teeth underneath them. He is having it done under General Anaesthetic. He will be off school for about 3 to 4 days. I'm told there is going to be a LOT of swelling afterwards.

Then..... it's time to get back to the quilting again. On Sunday there is special UFO sewing day. Yay - I can't wait. Being "forced" to quilt is such fun. I have also joined the Orange Project Challenge - need to photograph a pile of Orange fabrics and post them. I LOVE orange and all the values and hues around orange.

Added to all of the above fun, I am started to teach guitar lessons in the afternoons to kids. Life works in circles. It is amazing. I started my post school career as a music student, worked as a professional musician in a military band for a number of years, moved away from music, had kids, became a computer programmer both through necessity and interest in the subject. Now I seem to be moving back to music again. Need to prepare some guitar lessons for next week :LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope the extractions went painlessly for your son. Poor kid!

Anonymous said...

Oh, wait! This is Leigh-Anne's blog! Okay, I know he's okay. =)

Hope you get a chance to sew with us on the 16th again.

Anonymous said...

Yeah - he is ok. Thanks for asking.

Re 16th Feb - unfortunately I have to work - maybe I'll get a short time in, in the evening

James Kartan said...

The Best Dentists in Orange County dentist on Yelp. Read about spots like: Smile Solutions Dentistry, Cosmetic and Dental Implant Center, crown and denture, straight teeth without braces, local dentist, extractions, root canal, braces.


Extractions

James Kartan said...

The Best Dentists in Orange County dentist on Yelp. Read about spots like: Smile Solutions Dentistry, Cosmetic and Dental Implant Center, crown and denture, straight teeth without braces, local dentist, extractions, root canal, braces.


Extractions