Sunday 26 December 2010

Forays into Fabric Dyeing

In past posts I have spoken of the City and Guilds quilting course I am doing (far too slowly at this stage.....). Well, the next step is to learn to dye my own fabrics. What an adventure and huge learning curve.  I am supposed to be doing Low Water Immersion Dying. That's not what came out :LOL  The colours are too solid. I am pretty impressed with the colours of the dyed fabric though.... (The yellows have come out a bit brown in the photo - I'll take more photos when it stops raining and the sun is out - it could take days :LOL)


So.... round number 2 is "on the boil". This is great fun. The internet is also a wonderful place - what did we do without it? It's so easy to research what went wrong and how to fix it.

2 comments:

Elzaan said...

Wonderful job! Those colours look great to me... Any special quilt or applique you are going to make with those fabrics?
Elzaan

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I am just dyeing fabric for practise and because I need to do it for my City and Guilds Quilting course. It is becoming highly addictive. By tomorrow afternoon I would have dyed 10 metres of fabric :LOL. Actually, making a quilt with my own dyed fabrics, adds a special appeal to quilting.