Thursday 2 December 2010

Shweshwe landscapes

The end of the school year has sneaked  up on us and it's time to make gifts for the teachers who have given so much of their time and energy educating our children. What gifts shall we give? Fortunately, it is fairly simple to whip up a couple of fabric landscapes. I might have mentioned before that the manufacturers of Shweshwe fabric introduced a new range of bright almost luminous colours this year. It's a stunning range. I LOVE working with it and have made the following 2 fabric landscapes as gifts for 2 of the teachers - they are similar but slightly different:




2 comments:

Sue, mad quilter said...

These little quilts are pretty. If somebody had told me that pink purple and red could be brought together in one quilt.....I wouldn't have believed it.....but it works big time. Your children's teachers will love them.

Elzaan said...

Those are very pretty. The teachers are doing such a great work, and they get so little appreciation. I would know, sinse there are 3 active teachers in my family. Those quilts will have a special place in their houses.
The texture and the play of colour is just brilliant!
Elzaan